Back to index of Donald Sauter's Beatles pages.
Sorry about that. It wasn't a particularly good experience. I thought when I first put this page up, all the books would disappear at once. They didn't, and it's too much bother filling a lone order every 8 or 10 months.
The biggest disappointment was that only about half of the recipients reimbursed me for the postage costs - even after I sent out polite reminders. The average postage cost was only about $1.50.
Another bafflement was that, after about 2 years, no one tried to snag "Fungus The Bogeyman". What does this say about the current state of Beatle fandom???
In any case, I'm leaving the page here as a monument to... um, I don't know what - something.
Note: Books are paperback unless "HB" (hardback) noted.
1. (gone) THE BEATLES. Davies.
2. (gone) YESTERDAY, the Beatles remembered. Alistair Taylor. HB. 2 lb.
3. (gone) JOHN LENNON FOREVER, the biography. Snell. 1981. HB.
4. (gone) THE PLAYBOY INTERVIEWS WITH JOHN & YOKO. Sheff. HB.
5. (gone) THE MAN WHO MADE THE BEATLES, an intimate biography of Brian Epstein. Coleman. HB. 2 LB.
6. (gone) APPLE TO THE CORE. McCabe and Schonfeld.
7. (gone) JOHN LENNON'S SECRET. Ryan. 2 lb.
8. (gone) THE BEATLES A DAY IN THE LIFE, the day-by-day diary. Schultheiss. 2 lb.
9. (gone) SHOUT! Norman. 2 lb.
10. (gone) THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER. Philip Norman.
11. (gone) BRITISH BEAT. May and Phillips. Also discusses Liverpool groups.
12. (gone) POP/ROCK QUESTION AND ANSWER BOOK. Dachs. 1971.
13. (gone) THE SIXTIES, the decade remembered now, by the people who lived it then. Obst. Oversized. 3 lb.
43. THE ILLUSTRATED POP QUIZ. Lazell & Rees.
14. (gone) BOOTLEG, THE SECRET HISTORY OF THE OTHER RECORDING INDUSTRY. Heylin. HB. 3 LB.
15. BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL, A Diary of 1964. Bob Greene. HB. 2 lb. great book.
16. (gone) BE MY BABY. Ronnie Spector. HB. 2 lb.
17. JOURNEY TO FREEDOM. Dowdey. 1969. HB. 2 lb. Odd songbook with some Beatle songs.
18. AND A VOICE TO SING WITH. Joan Baez. HB. 2 lb.
19. (gone) PRICK UP YOUR EARS, the biography of Joe Orton. Lahr. Orton wrote film script for Beatles.
20. LIFE AT THE DAKOTA. Birmingham. 1979. HB. 2 LB.
21. SATURDAY NIGHT, a backstage history of Saturday Night Live. Hill and Weingrad. HB. 3 LB.
22. (gone) THE MAN WHO FRAMED THE BEATLES, a biography of Richard Lester. Yule. HB. 2 LB.
23. (gone) ALL YOU NEED IS EARS. George Martin. 2 lb.
24. (gone) HELTER SKELTER, the true story of the Manson murders. Bugliosi.
25. WHO KILLED JOHN LENNON? Bresler.
26. (gone) LET ME TAKE YOU DOWN, inside the mind of [who cares]. Jones. HB. 2lb.
27. CHANT AND BE HAPPY. Prabhupada. Featuring conversations with John and George.
28. PSYCHOTIC REACTIONS AND CARBURETOR DUNG. Lester Bangs. HB. 2 lb.
29. (gone) THE GOON SHOW SCRIPTS. Spike Milligan. Beatles were Goons fans.
30. FUNGUS THE BOGEYMAN. Raymond Briggs. Inspired McCartney song, Bogey Music.
31. THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE: CHRISTMAS PARTY. HB.
32. THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE: THOMAS GOES FISHING. HB.
33. THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE: PERCY AND HAROLD. HB.
34. THE THREEPENNY OPERA. Bertolt Brecht. HB. Influential on John and Yoko. See Peebles interview where they talk about Some Time In New York City.
35. A DOLL'S HOUSE AND OTHER PLAYS. Ibsen. Considered as album title for The Beatles white album.
36. BEST OF BALZAC. Racy stories read by John as a child.
37. THE WHITE ALBUM. Joan Didion. White, embossed cover.
38. TAKE THESE BROKEN WINGS AND LEARN TO FLY, the AIDS support book. Dietz and Hicks.
39. (gone) AND THEN WE MOVED TO ROSSENARRA. Richard Condon. HB. 2 lb. Autobiography of author of Talent For Loving.
40. (gone) STEP INSIDE. Cilla Black autobiography. HB. 2 lb.
41. (gone) HOW I WON THE WAR. Ryan. John Lennon on the cover.
42. (gone) A HARD DAY'S KNIGHT. Ted Mark. Spy thriller.
Contact Donald Sauter: send an email;
view guestbook; sign guestbook.
Back to Donald Sauter's main page.
Rather shop than think? Please visit My Little Shop of Rare and Precious Commodities.
Back to the top of this page.
Parents, if you're considering tutoring or supplemental education for your child, you may be interested in my observations on Kumon.